Hi,

I am using vim on Gentoo.
Gentoo comes with its package manager emerge and a tool of this
package manager is eix.

Calling eix without any paramters gives a list of all available
packages, which includes a flag, whether this package is installed or
not. This looks like this:

This is the output of an uninstalled but available package:

* app-crypt/rhash
     Available versions:  (~)1.3.4 {debug nls openssl static-libs ABI_MIPS="n32
n64 o32" ABI_PPC="32 64" ABI_S390="32 64" ABI_X86="32 64 x32"}
     Homepage:            http://rhash.anz.ru/
verifying file hash sums

This is the output of an installed package:

[I] app-crypt/seahorse
     Available versions:  3.18.0 3.20.0 {debug ldap zeroconf}
     Installed versions:  3.20.0(05:44:34 PM 02/18/2017)(-debug -ldap -zeroconf)
     Homepage:            https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Seahorse

(There are also more flags instead of '[I]' like '[U]' for updateable
for example).

I want to compare two lists of the output of eix. One done a month
before and one of today. The lists is already sorted alphabetically
by the package name. Sorting is done by eix itsself.

The comparison is done via vimdiff (I *love* this incarnation of vim! :)

Now the difficult part: vimdiff finds a lot of different kinds of
differences like version number changes, the description of a package
changed etc...

For now I am only interested in changes of the flags ( '*' =>
'[I]' for example ) mentioned above.

How can I either instruct vimdiff to only handle/mark those as
differences and ignore anything else or make 'jump to the
next/previous difference' only jump to differences found for the
flags?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!!!
Cheers
Meino