On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Dan Wierenga <dwiere...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the dbext plugin, and trying to get the results from an Oracle
> query.   However, dbext never returns a result.  The async job just runs
> forever (hangs?), and without any output.

Hmm, I am seeing this periodically as well.  Will have to debug more on
this.  First time with the async jobs.

On dbext version 25 if I set:
let g:dbext_default_use_jobs=0

I would leave that at zero, until I get a chance to find the async issue.

> If I set
> :DBSetOption display_cmd_line=1,
> and then copy the sqlplus command line to a shell prompt and execute it,
> it returns immediately with the results I expect, so I know I have all of
> my connection parameters correct, and the SQL file is syntactically valid.
> sqlplus exits with a return code of 0.
>

> Error detected while processing function dbext#DB_execRangeSql[14]..dbe
> xt#DB_execSql[33]..dbext#DB_execFuncTypeWCheck[37]..<SNR>
> 60_DB_ORA_execSql[33]..<SNR>60_DB_runCmd:
> line   24:
> E484: Can't open file /var/folders/lr/9cq0d96j3csbn8
> v66ppx_2fhg15kw1/T/vSz8MBg/2

When you show the display_cmd_line=1 and the error show above, can you
paste what the command line was to compare the output.

Thanks,
David