Hello everyone,

Only recently I got to learn about 'xterm-bracketed-paste' when all of a
sudden CMD-V-ing had stopped working on my Mac, and while I found a
solution that worked with my setup [0], I am still not 100% sure the
solution I found is the correct one -- so here I am asking.

Question: is it expected that users create insert-mode mappings to support
bracketed-paste?  Or, once enabled, proper-pasting should just work out of
the box?  Because it looks like everything it's working fine when pasting
in normal mode, but when in insert mode, the result is a mess (i.e.
insert-mode mappings are executed, and autoindent screws indentation).

Example: say you had the following copied in the OS clipboard:

function foo() {
  while (true) {
    console.log('infinite!');
  }
}

And you started vim with: `vim -u NONE -c 'inoremap { {}'`; in normal mode,
you press CMD-V and end up with the following buffer:

function foo() {
  while (true) {
    console.log('infinite!');
  }
}

~

Enter now insert mode, press CMD-V, and your buffer would look like the
following (imaps and autoindent messed with the pasted content):

function foo() {
  while (true) {
    console.log('infinite!');
  }