I also have to add iTerm in OSX doesn’t support bidi text (see this
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/iterm2-discuss/wJmpyTnA8S8>), so bidi
text in vim, with or without ‘arabic’ or ‘farsi’ feature will be rendered
incorrectly. I suppose this goes for other environments where the bidi text is
not supported. But of course I can’t confirm it since I don’t use Windows or
Linux.

Best,
Bahman