Hi, Joganns.

Years ago, when I was using Windows, I had the same problem with a
different environment. I was using Msys2 (https://www.msys2.org/) to have e
little "Linux" environment in the Windows box. My solution was alike. I
built a bash script that put the GVim process in background. I never had a
problem with that. But I always kept my bash session opened. In that time I
was working with both Windows and Mac OSX at the same time. Then I built a
single environment that worked on both machines with some customizations. I
had a set of bash scripts written to do the same thing on both systems. And
that made me choose Msys2 instead of GitBash.

That configuration worked for years. Today I work only on Mac OSX, but I
kept the set of bash scripts and configuration as much as I could since I
can get back to work on Windows any time.

Regards,

Alessandro Antonello