J S:

> As  many  of  you are no doubt aware, GG broke its
> interface this week so that you have to be  logged
> in in order to read group content.  I had been us-
> ing email to post to this forum (vim) and using GG
> to  read  it.  I can no longer read GG, because of
> the aforementioned breakage.

Google is growing worse every year.  I access all my
mailing  lists via GMane -- a excellent service that
exposes  mailing  lists  as  newsgroups  through  an
anonymous NNTP server news.gmane.io .  You subscribe
for a mailing list the way you would subscribed to a
newsgroup.   GMane  is  especially convenient for me
since my mail client, Sylpheed, supports NNTP.  Here
is what it looks like on my machine:

https://freeshell.de/~antonius/img_host/syl-gmane.png