My first post: I'm guessing this was misdirected (v...@vim.org) initially . . .

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        How to update GVim_8.2.2332_x64 to a more current patch level?
Date:   Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:54:49 -0500
From:   Mike O'Brien <jmo...@gmail.com>
To:     v...@vim.org

Relative newbie here with a simple question—probably.

Having successfully installed (on Win 8.1x64 Pro), what is the procedure for updating to a later patch level?

I assumed it would be to download/execute the desired package; e.g. gvim_8.2.2374_x64_signed.exe . . .

That is not working for me: trashes/locks-up the existing %HOMEDRIVE% \Program Files\Vim\vim82 directory!? A Restart clears the lock-up (of course) and _deletes _the ..\vim82 sub-directory. I can install like new again using the downloaded package—and all is well.

I figured out that I could, alternatively, download  and extract the .zip package—replacing the ..\vim82 sub-directory with cut&paste—and all is well as well !-|

I also figure 'this ain't right: I've got a problem; think I better ask'.

Any help appreciated. TIA.

Mike O'B.

--
Mater mea, et are Hibernica Pater...et Ego Hibernica quoque!and all is well