Christian,

On 2023-08-06 02:11, Christian Brabandt wrote:
Am 2023-08-05 16:30, schrieb Yegappan Lakshmanan:
On Sat, Aug 5, 2023 at 5:53 AM Maxim Kim <haba...@gmail.com> wrote:

https://groups.google.com/g/vim_announce/c/tWahca9zkt4

I am truly saddened and shocked to hear this news.

I have been following him for more than 25 years and have interacted
with him for more than 22 years.  He has been an inspiration to me and
many others.  He has really changed the world for the better.  He has
single handedly improved the productivity of countless developers and
companies around the world.  He dedicated his entire life to work on
Vim. His vision and ability to design some of the most complex features
(such as the vim9script compiler, spell check, syntax highlighting,
channels, tab pages, virtual text, and many others) have always amazed
me.

We will all miss him deeply. Rest In Peace, Bram, and thank you for
everything.

As all of you, so was I deeply shocked when I heard the news. Bram was
a great leader
to the Vim community and I really enjoyed working with him over the
past years, since I became
involved with the development of Vim almost 20 years ago.

Yes, so shocking - I have been using Vim for so long - I guess, after a while, you assume the author will be there forever . . very sad for his family and friends . .

Bram was of great inspiration in creating a great community, helping
people with his charity and
he was a great mentor. And now he left too soon. We lost a great
leader and I regret never having
met him in person...

Yes, it would be nice to hear more about him - I was always impressed by his charity stuff . .

However to all of the community: I will continue and I hope all of the
other contributors will
also keep up the good work. I do have access to the Vim homepage and
the Vim organization (not sure
if all the rights, but I am sure we will work on the details in the near future.

I do so hope the great work can continue . .

Once I return from vacation, I'll go through the PRs and review them
(and also commit the missing
patch to github). I'll welcome anybody to contribute to make Vim better.

I still don't know all the internals of the various areas (vim9,
virtual text, syntax highlighting to name
a few) and I don't know how much time I can dedicate, but I hope
together we will be able to continue
successfully.

I hope there are no showstoppers . .

Thanks Bram and people,