Hi,

I have been using pure 10Mbps 3Com Hubs in the past to connect my Compact
Macs to the Internet.

Problem: I bought an old 3Com OfficeConnect 10/100 Mbps Hub with 16 ports in
order to let the old Compact Macs like the MAC SE still connect to the
Internet at 10 Mbps and my Powermacs and Imac at 100 Mbps.
Now the Hub freezes randomly when I use my Mac SE: you suddenly get 100%
bandwidth utilisation on the 3Com Hub and it's stuck.
Sometimes it happens at boot of my Mac SE, otherwise later. The Hub does
detect the speed of the Mac SE and gives an orange Led (=10 Mbps link )

Anyone familiar with this problem ?
I thought the 3Com 10/100 Mbps Hubs were compatible with Vintage Macs ?

Thanks,

Nico