tendim wrote:
> Of the two, which would anybody recommend to keep?

Depends on your goals.

If you want a machine you can use, and swap files with Windows machines,
etc. etc, then I'd recommend the Classic. It has the internal HD, HD
floppies, ADB, and faster SCSI (allegedly). The main reason I'm using my
Classic over my Plus or 128k is I can very easily swap files around by
floppy, and don't have to worry about external SCSI voodoo. It Just
Works. I use it for chatting, word processing, and some (very) light web
browsing

If you want a machine you can don't mind working around a bit with, then
I'd say the Plus. It is more historical and has a charm all its own.
Really its only limitation is the floppies. If you plan on doing most of
the file exchange via network to another Mac, and you have reliable
external SCSI going, then the Plus will likely be just as functional.
Or, if you have other Macs with a floppy drive to read the 800k disks,
then you'll be fine. I always tended to have weird issues with my
external drives, though that may be a personal problem ;) . A spare
keyboard (and cable) and mouse or two wouldn't hurt either, Just In Case.

Other than that, they're really pretty similar machines. The only caveat
is if you don't already have a RAM upgrade in the Classic, you'll need
to make sure it has the expansion card. If it doesn't have that, you'd
almost be better off getting a whole different Classic than trying to
find the card separately (although I bet someone on this list has a
closet full of them :)  )

Scott