Hey there!

In the last two days I made some nice finds, mainly when salvaging old
machines in the college campus: a beige desktop Power Mac G3, a LC, a
Classic II, and a Quadra 650.

The guy who gave me the Quadra said it lacked a FPU, but as far as I
investigated, the 650 was always sold with a 68040, never with the
cheaper 68LC040 version! (without the FPU). I didn't have time yet to
thoroughly test the machine, so I don't know if the machine really
lacks the FPU. It is currently running 7.5.1 with a 2 GB disk, and has
73 megs of RAM (pretty neat!).

The Classic II boots to a vertical stripes pattern. This is ROM-
related, right? I need to get a long Torx T-15 to open the case (I had
one, but it seems to be missing...) and re-seat the components, and
also check for any leakage from the capacitors (I'm not an electrical
engineer, unfortunately... so the caps won't get replaced).

But the other two, apart from the long gone PRAM battery, are doing
just fine. The LC has its full 10 MB of RAM, and boots to 7.1 in its
tiny stock 40 MB drive.

Too bad I don't have the time to tinker with them right now.. with all
this classes and projects, there's little time left! :P

MM (and I hope you don't consider this spam, after all I've posed some
questions! ;) )