On Jul 20, 9:18 am, Charlie <charlie.lown...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am attempting this holy grail
> of modifications for storage and noise reasons, and because my 20mb
> Qisk is on it it's last legs.
>
> I have obtained over the last couple of months an new SCSI drive
> enclosure, a SCSI to IDE converter, an IDE to CF adaptor and a 1GB CF
> Card.
>
> I put this lot together, plugged it in to my Plus (well you gotta
> try :-) booted from floppy and tried to run drive set up. No dice, No
> supported SCSI device detected.

I would start by getting the SCSI => IDE adapter to work with a
regular old IDE drive on your Mac Plus.   Once you've got that
working, switch out the IDE drive for the CF adapter.   That way
you're only rasslin' one alligator at a time.

I have also seen reports that the brand of CF card you use may matter.

Jeff Walther