--- On Tue, 5/17/11, grey1960envoy <bruceclark...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I just acquired  a Macintosh Classic II and am curious as to whether
> I can find an OS for the old darling. It is a one piece
> unit and I have no idea what is going on with it, there are just black
> and white lines up and down the screen. The computer has a tag on the
> back stating it was built in May 1992 and this is all the
> information I have...Thank you all for help in advance

Here's your first destination for information.
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_classic/stats/mac_classic_ii.html

The first thing to check is that the RAM and ROM are making good contact with
their sockets. There's info on the web on how to open the case.

Once you have it open and the main board out, remove and reinstall the RAM and
ROM two or three times to clean their contacts.

Put the board back in, reconnect anything else you disconnected, and see if it
works. If you still get the stripes there's a more serious problem or it could
be bad RAM.