To: <vintage-macs@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: Need to write 800k floppy disks for my Macintosh

Yes that absolutely the problem.

You can format a 1.44 disc with a Plus or whatever for 800k , but you then cannot use that disc in a more modern machine with a 1.44 drive because it will ruin the formatting.

So you are stuck. i had to get a guy in Canada to send me some 800k system 6 discs for my Plus which I promptly ruined by sticking them in a 1.44 USB drive to take a back up of them.

So I'm in the same boat, I need to make 800k floppies with a system image on and the only machine that will do it needs the images to boot.

I will have another look at it when I get home tomorrow night, see if i can coax the old 10mb HDD into life and see if I can make some images and send them out to you.