I can fix it.
john

-----Original Message-----
From: vintage-macs@googlegroups.com
[mailto:vintage-macs@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of GuyWithGuitars
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 4:09 PM
To: Vintage Macs
Subject: Total sadness - I killed my near mint Mac SE/30. RIP.

Well, I'm trying to tell myself that at least I tried. I gave it a
patient, valiant effort. I recapped the audio caps on my Mac SE/30. I
have soldered before, but nothing to this minute level. I followed
some excellent how-tos and failed. I am crushed. I accidentally pulled
off C6's solder pad and then all went downhill afterwards. I fired it
up, it actually chimed (the audio was dead before, hence the repair
attempt) but began looping the chime and wouldn't boot. I suppose I'll
hang onto it in the event someone might be able to bring it back to
life. I can't believe it. Shes gone. :( There is no way I can trace
the tiny leads back to C6.

To leave this group, send email to
vintage-macs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com