On Aug 4, 2011, at 1:12 PM, Bob Clark wrote:

Hi, I need a favor from somebody who has an OS X machine as well as a
working vintage machine.

I have a zip file that someone sent me, which was zipped up on an OS X
machine.  The person who sent it only has OS X, and I only have OS 9,
7, and 6 machines.

Is there anyone out there I could send the file to, who could unzip
it, and then stuff it into a .sit.hqx file that I could un-stuff on OS
6 (or 7 or 9 if necessary)?  The file is only a few Kbytes, but it's
vintage software that I haven't found anywhere else.  I actually paid
the shareware fee on this program back in the day, so no worries about
licensing :-)

I can do this, if you don't mind a MacBinary+ archive instead.

I have an open source MacBinary+ decoder for all Mac platforms if you need one. Or you can use the original one by Peter N. Lewis.

MacBinary III+ Decoder
http://www.metamage.com/code/MacRelix/

Josh