>> It would be nice if someone would sit down and write the computer equivalent
>> of
>> the Kelly Blue Book.  The problem is that, for the most part, the majority of
>> old computers fetch pennies on the dollar, as old computers tend to be worth
>> much less than newer machines.  I suspect that no one has written such a book
>> for the simple reason that most old machines don't fetch enough money to make
>> compiling such a work worth the effort.

The other problem is not worth of a computer but shipping it. I
actually wouldn't mind having a MacTV (I used to manage a lab full of
LC 520/575s back when I was in fourth grade--some time ago) but the
cost of shipping that thing to me would exceed the cost of the unit
itself. Actually I'd like a KBB for computer stuff too, maybe a
wiki-ish layout. I wouldn't mind setting one up if others could add to
it.

I'm not sure what the road apples go for... I have(had) a road apple
at home, a Powerbook 1400/117 with no cache. It was DOG slow, until I
upgraded it with a G3/400. Now it would be fast, had I owned a
external SCSI CDROM.

Britt