I have 3 Pina books. You can get them all on Amazon used for $1-$5 each. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 27, 2011, at 6:47 AM, Robert Menes <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hey all!
> 
> My Mac Plus Restoration Project continues!
> 
> Here's the next step that I need to take: sometimes
> when I keep the Mac Plus off or unplugged for a few
> hours, the CRT takes quite a bit of time to display anything
> at all after being powered up; sometimes up to 5-8 minutes.
> I know that this machine has been in a storage unit for 7 years
> and hasn't been powered up in 10 years before I pulled it out and
> fired it back up.
> 
> When I initially pulled it out, plugged it in, and fired it up, the Mac Plus
> began making what I can best describe as a sort of "beatbox" startup bong.
> (Think of it like this: BEEEE-BE-BUH-BUH-BE-BE-BE-BUH-BUH-BUH)
> 
> After a few minutes, the beatboxing stopped and a normal startup bong played.
> But this is where the machine started taking a long time to warm up the CRT 
> and
> display anything of any sort.
> 
> I managed to boot the machine off of a floppy after a couple of
> attempts (and bad
> disks!)
> 
> While I know that this machine needs a major amount of work and TLC, I'm 
> willing
> to go through with it. So here's where I'd like to ask:
> 
> Why does the CRT take a long time to kick in, and what should I look
> at to see what
> may need repairs? I'm thinking an electronic component may be going bad, but 
> I'm
> not certain what it could be.
> 
> Lastly, if anyone has access to Larry Pina's Mac repair books, give a
> shout. Thanks!
> 
> --Robert
> 
> -- 
> -----
> You received this message because you are a member of the Vintage Macs group.
> The list FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/vintagemacs.shtml and our 
> netiquette guide is at http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/netiquette.shtml
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> To leave this group, send email to [email protected]
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/vintage-macs
> 
> Support for older Macs: http://lowendmac.com/services/

-- 
-----
You received this message because you are a member of the Vintage Macs group.
The list FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/vintagemacs.shtml and our 
netiquette guide is at http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/netiquette.shtml
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To leave this group, send email to [email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/vintage-macs

Support for older Macs: http://lowendmac.com/services/

Reply via email to