Can I make a bootable System 7.5.3 Network Access Disk with OS9 for my
SE/30? If so, what's the best way to do it? It seems nothing is working for
me.

About my set up sand what I'm doing:

The SE/30 has a Zip drive instead of a floppy, but I have an external CD
ROM (Apple 300i). I've set all my SCSI IDs: ID#0 - Internal HDD w/ built-in
terminator, ID#5 - Internal ZIP Drive (not sure if it is terminated, but
I've tried unplugging it to get the CD ROM working, no change), ID#3 -
External CD-ROM, terminated the end of the external chain on the CD ROM (w/
Apple Active Terminator). The Original HDD stopped working, but it was
fully bootable before, and there's no odd sounds or patterns on the screen
at boot, but I haven't once heard the start up tone, which may mean my
sound is bad. I have no noticeable cap leaks, and I just put in a brand new
battery I ordered off the web. I have 2 extra hard drives. One is blank,
the other boots, but then turns to a Sad Mac with code ####, which I
believe means corrupted file system.

I'm using a Powerbook G3 Pismo booted in OS 9.2.2 with a USB Zip drive and
a Firewire CD/DVD burner to create the install disks. The OS could be my
problem. I have no access to any other 68k Macs.

I downloaded the System 7.5.3 Network Access Disk in the 19 parts, I was
able to run the self extracting script to turn them into one disk image—but
as I was running OS9 on a Powerbook, and not a 68k Mac—the installer to
make a bootable disk didn't work, so I just mounted the disk image to the
desktop and copied the System folder, Application folder, etc to both a Zip
100 disk and a CD formatted for HFS Standard. I also added the CD ROM and
Iomega Zip extensions to the Extensions folders of each disk. I'm still not
able to get my SE/30 to boot off either disk. I've tried holding down
Command + Option + Shift +Delete, as well as Command + Option + Shift
+Delete + SCSI ID#. When I hold down for the keys to boot SCSI ID3 (the CD
ROM's ID) I get the Floppy + ? until I let go of the keys, then it tries to
boot my HDD, giving the Happy Mac for a few second, then goes to the Sad
Mac with the above mentioned code. I'm guessing this means I'm not creating
a proper disk, but maybe it's bad hardware? Hope not!

Please, anyone out there, let me know if there's something I'm doing wrong!
My technical experience only really goes back to the PPC days, my first Mac
was a 7600 running 7.6. I haven' felt with anything from this time period
before, and I've only had limited SCSI use before this.

THANK YOU ALL!