I am looking into overhauling the analog and Sony PSU's.  I am thinking of
replacing the capacitors for both units.  Any advice on what other
components to replace, such as transistors, perhaps upgrading them with
better parts?  I will also see if I can find a NOS flyback transformer.

Regarding the Sony unit I am thinking about replacing the internals with a
small form factor PSU.  My intent with replacing the Sony internals is to
hopefully supply the logic board with more power to support various
upgrades/add-ons with greater stability.  Any EE's out there have advice on
what to look out for when selecting a replacement power supply?  The main
issue (besides unknown risks to doing this) is it is tricky to find a
supply with 2 separate +12V rails, along with the other voltages, that is
not too big or too expensive.

+5v = 6.0A
+12Vsweep = 1.25A
+12Vdisk = 2.1A
-12V = 0.5A

Here is an example of the type of PSU I am considering (does not have truly
separate +12V rails):
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Seasonic-SS-300TFX-Power-Supply-Review/1021/2

I am aware of the dangers of working with high voltage equipment.

Thanks,
Thom

---
"Vintage Macs" group.