On 1/1/14 8:51 PM, theonetruestick...@gmail.com wrote:
On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 9:15 PM, Gregg Eshelman <g_ala...@yahoo.com
<mailto:g_ala...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

    How many years since the last PPC CPU Mac was sold? Is it two or
    three (or four) updates to OS X with no PPC support?

    Even some of the earliest Intel Macs are becoming unsupported by the
    newest software.

    I'd say the PPC is well on the way to being Vintage Mac. Might be
    time to just roll all non-Intel Macs into one e-mail list and call
    them all Vintage, since Apple is busy sweeping them all under the
    digital rug.

Maybe, but it still seems a useful distinction to keep the rough
pre/post OS X "beige boundary" in place as a sanity thing. I'd wager
most of us have both, but right now most of what I care to talk about is
the old stuff.

Having said that, this discussion has been useful. My Dad's G5 just
crapped out recently and I may need to help it out if a replacement GPU
doesn't do it and now I know where to start...

--
--Maybe even better -

vintage 68k

vintage ppc 60x  (include clones)

vintage Gx   (Currently G3-5 list)

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vintage Macs" group.
to vintage-macs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.