whoops, you did change the caps...

have you tried to unplug the hard drive?
also was there cap goo, when you removed the old caps in the psu?
you really have to get all that cap goo, it is a conductive fluid!.

you might want to check your solder job on the se/30 mainboard as well.
maybe you have a solder bridge some where... or a cap that was installed
backwards.

wash the mainboard... and maybe dump some IPA in the psu and then , blast
both the psu and the main-board off with the air compressor.

--
Charles

---
"Vintage Macs" group.