On 11/22/2014 9:36 AM, mrandmrs sync wrote:
Thanks a lot for all the replys!

I'm confident to make it work now, using either zip drives or the
ethernet card you pointed me to...

But before i'm giving up on the CD based solution entirely, let me give
additional info on the Performa. *The SSW is D1-7.5.1* , also, upon
startup it gives me this *error message*: (my own translation into
english, since the system is set to german)

"
Some CD-Dataformats could not be loaded. The remaining CD data formats
have been activated:

ISO 9660
High Sierra
Audio CD Acess
Apple Photo Access                  [btn: continue]
"

Does this mean that ISO 9660 isn't activated (and thus means it could
be, theoretically)?

A quick Wiki research shows that this would be the format used through
today for all CD formatting, if i'm not mistaken!

Any suggestions on how to get the ISO 9660 activated on the Performa?

You need the disc format extensions from the install floppies or CD for your OS version. Use Tome Viewer to extract them.

Also get this Joliet extension. http://www.tempel.org/joliet/ Note the info that the formerly shareware version is now freeware.

You can also do a custom install and just select those CD files, but Apple being Apple, custom isn't quite what it should be. You'll likely get a bunch of other things installed anyway, just because you *might* need them. For example all the files for printers when you only need the ones for the printers you actually have. That how "it just works" works, using up a bunch of storage for drivers for everything you don't have but could at some point buy and connect to your Mac.

---

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vintage Macs" group.
to vintage-macs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.