I have a PowerBook 190cs that still has its original 500mb IBM hard drive (with
the original install of 7.5.2) what I want to do is replace it with a 30gb hard
drive so I can load a pile of games, etc and take it with us when we go camping
or to the cabin for the kids to play on.

One thing I noticed is the disk images on the hard drive for making backup
disks does not include an image for disk tools so I can properly get the drive
setup and partitioned.

Second is the mounting holes from the original drive are not even close to the
holes on the new drive. I guess I remembered this from days of yore but didn't
have an obvious mounting solution for the new drive. Redrilling holes in the
top of the drive cage makes it appear that the palm rests won't properly
re-seat.

Can anyone direct me to a 7.5.2 (or 7.5.3) disk tools image and has anyone ever
mounted a newer modern drive in this machine?

Sent from my iPhone

---
"Vintage Macs" group.
to vintage-macs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.