It did work, although I had to boot in 10.4, select the FireWire-disk (once
it had mounted…) as StartUp Disk. I couldn’t believe my own eyes when a
Desktop i hadn’t seen for, maybe 5 years, came to life on the iBook screen!
So: Now I have PB G4 running as a "slave" disk on the iBook… Now, should I
try with the OS 5 disks and installl to the iBook’s HD?
But, otherwise, it was fun hooking them up like that &v se it work! :D

fredag 27. oktober 2017 20.29.33 UTC+2 skrev Clark Martin følgende:

> Yes, that procedure will work.
>
> Instead of pressing “C”, hold down the option key on the iBook.  This
> brings up a graphic display of available drives to boot from.  Select the
> PowerBook and click the right arrow key.
>

> Clark Martin
> A designated driver on the information Super Highway
>
> On Oct 27, 2017, at 11:23 AM, Ciel Udbjørg <pete...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> I have an old iBook G4 that runs OS 4 ?10.4quite well, but this versjon is
> now rather limited. I figure it can run 10.5, since I had a PowerBook G4
> that ran it.
> However, 10.5 only comes on discs, to be found on eBay or Amazon at
> exorbitant prices.
> I wonder if I could attempt a brain transfer from my PowerBook, by
> starting it in Target Mode and then firing up the iBook and press, say "C",
> to make it attempt to boot from the PowerBook's drive & system?
> Or is this all a waste of time and energy?

---
"Vintage Macs" group.
to vintage-macs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.