Contact me off thread I think I have what you need.

MB

On Apr 26, 2018, at 5:07 PM, 'Keith Jamison' via Vintage Macs
<vintage-macs@googlegroups.com<mailto:vintage-macs@googlegroups.com>> wrote:

Hi Barry,

Have you considered a SCSI2SD adaptor board? I have three of these and they
work very well. It has really speeded up my LC475 computers. The only downside
is trying to find a microSD card with a low capacity. Thankfully I picked up
two 64MB (yes MB) microSD cards to use with a Mac Plus along with the SCSI2SD
adaptor board. It has a 50-pin SCSI I connector and just plugs into the SCSI
cable in your Mac.

Link: https://amigakit.amiga.store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1264

The unit can be connected to a modern computer (I attached it to my MBP) and
the maintenance software allows you to divide up an 8GB microSD card into 4x
1.99GB drives for storing all sorts of files and running SSW7.1 and more. These
show up as four separate drives on your old Mac. You can individually give each
logical drive its own SCSI ID.

I got the 64MB cards for a Mac Plus but I haven't sorted that just yet as I
need to carry out some retrofitting on the Plus.

At £60, the SCSI2SD adaptor boards are not cheap but they are quite a bit more
reliable than old SCSI I hardware which could be just as expensive. I plan to
look for similar boards that allow for a SD card SCSI drive in a PB 520c as
well as a few other pre-IDE PowerBooks.

Unless you are trying to maintain a 'puritan' Mac in which case you might also
check out Craigslist and Gumtree in the U.K. for old computers that don't work
(but their hard drives could be fine)

I have an old Conner SCSI drive that was toast a long time ago, I might
refashion the case with a Dremel to accept the SCSI2SD board so that it looks
stock.

Hope this has given you some. other ideas on getting a SCSI device.

On Monday, 23 April 2018, 22:57:38 BST, Barry Cross