Ok! So I figured out that the files weren't showing up because I burnt
those files onto the disc after I already burned files onto it. Tried
burning a fresh disc and they showed up!

However it looks like this version of quicktime doesn't have a true full
screen view where it shows nothing but the video. I can make it "Fill
Screen" which just maximizes the video, but I can still see the menu bar,
player controls etc. Can anyone recommend a video player that will work
that has a true full screen view?

On Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 10:24:38 AM UTC-6, Adam Rosenberg wrote:

> I am borrowing an iMac G3 with Mac OS 9.1 as a prop for a film. I need to
> play a video file in the computer for the film, but I am having the hardest
> time getting a video file onto the computer. When I open a CD that I burned
> it will show some files like JPEG images, but the video files that I burned
> onto the CD don't appear. I've tried several different codecs/formats
> including h264, MP4, MOV, and AVI, all with simple file names and no
> special characters, but none of them show up on the CD when loaded in the
> old iMac, even though they are definitely on the CD.
>
> I've also tried other methods of transferring the video file including
> flash drive (doesn't show up or mount when I format it to various formats).
> I can't figure out how to connect the iMac to the internet to
> email/download the file. And I can't figure out how to transfer it directly
> via an ethernet cable connected to my modern iMac. So burning a CD is the
> closest I've come, but the video files just won't show up.
>
> Help?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

---