The Classic, as all the other compact Macs (the 128k, the 512k, the Plus, the SE and SE/30, both Classics and both Color Classics) use a non-standard horizontal refresh frequency (about 22 KHz, where CGA/NTSC use 15.75 KHz and VGA uses 31.5 KHz). Most monitors out there won't be able to display it, as they expect either an NTSC signal (15.75 KHz), or a (Super)VGA one (31.5 KHz or more). Maybe an active converter would do the trick, but it isn't trivial. A monitor able to support the Macintosh's 512x384 mode (for example, the Apple-branded 12" monochrome one provided with the Mac LC) would work. PC MDA/EGA/Hercules monitors would work, too. But we are talking here about vintage displays made over 30 years ago (more than 40 in the case of MDA and Hercules), which are rare and would end showing the same problems as your Classic's analog board.

Also, IIRC, the video output on the Classic (and all other monochrome compact Macs) is 5 V TTL, where most video connectors out there (including Apple's ones) are 1 V analog. That one would be easy to solve, though: a simple tension divider, using two resistors in an 4:1 relationship (say, 1 KOhm and 270 Ohm) would do the trick.

Sincerely,

Antonio Rodríguez