I refuse to continue to play the upgrade game.  I have lots of software that
worked really well when I got my Power Macintosh G3, but as I have tried to
keep up with the Apple OS updates, I have been having more and more problems
with my other software.  So, I have decided to go back to the original
software that came with my computer.

Since I am on a limited income, I cannot go and buy all new software
everytime a new OS comes out.  It really dawned on me, that the constant
upgrading that goes on, is a way to sell new software.  My G3 works well,
and, at this point, there is really no reason to upgrade, or buy new
versions of software that I already have.

So, I need to know what is the most stable Mac OS software around 8.0.
Actually, the version that came on the software restore disk with my G3 is
8.1.  I upgraded to 8.6, and theb 9.0, and on to 9.1.  The further up the
ladder I got, the more computer problems I have had.  So, I have decided to
stay at a version that I know works, and is stable, and install my software
on that OS.

Some day, when I get lots of money, I will upgrade to OS X, and upgrade my
software, but in the meantime, I have work to do.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
allen