I just now finally had the opportunity to test out my IIsi with the
Turbo040, thanks to the adapter John Ruschmeyer from LEMSwap so kindly sent
me.

As we all know, though, these things seldom go smoothly.

When I started up the IIsi with the Turbo040 in it (on the adapter card, of
course) and the cache attached, all I got was a "sputtering" noise from the
Mac, and some fast blinking from the green power LED. I removed the Turbo040
card and adapter entirely. The IIsi booted fine. I removed the cache from
the Turbo040 and tried it with the accelerator alone and the adapter. Same
sputtering response from the Mac. I removed the accelerator but left the
adapter card in the computer. It booted fine. Is a bad Turbo040 the only
possibility here?

(Guess I can't complain too much, I did get it for only $20, but still!)

--
Amber Rhea   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I spent eleven long years in a hot house zone
 I spent twentynine more trying to get home
 Well I never got home, but I did what I did
 And I got myself this house and you can't come in"
                  - Shawn Colvin