on 7/31/01 3:00 PM, (Vintage Macs) at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm a little different I guess. I like any OS that works and
> am fortunate enough to have quite a variety. Other peoples choice of
> platforms interests me in how the person uses it, from there a option starts
> to form. I'd call you a macintosh user, one eyed as most people are regarding
> their choice of system.

Obviously Mac is at the top of my list, but I've also used other OS's,
including various Unices, that I've liked. Second to MacOS in my book would
come BeOS. A truly beautiful OS. I like Linux, though I don't have as much
experience with it as I would like to have - this is mostly due to time
constraints. Our server runs RedHat 7.1 quite nicely. Solaris 5 made me
quite happy when working at the CS lab. Aside from Linux, the next OS I
intend to master is CP/M! Woohoo! I have an Apple II with a Z80 card, as
well as a TRS-80 and a Kaypro.

--
Amber Rhea
[EMAIL PROTECTED]