I wrote earlier on the PCI list (& I'm posting it on the Swap list, & the
other lists that I brought the problem to) about the Sun 19" monitor
(#365-1013) I found:

> Apparently it has an early type of VGA port, having only 9 pins
> (actually 6, but spaces for 9). Either that or it's a TTL monitor --
> CGA (unlikely from Sun) or EGA, in which case I'm screwed. Presumably
> (considering its age, c. 1988) it was a companion to a 386I, Sun's
> less-than-spectacularly successful attempt to break into the Intel
> (not yet Wintel then) box market, so might 1 not expect it to handle
> at least some standard PC resolutions, like 1024x768 or 1280x1024?

On further research -- I am screwed (tho' not of any money, fortunately --
always look on the Bright Side of Life....) I am led to believe that it will
not work with a Mac. The 386i's i/o architecture was different than a PC (in
addition to their running Sun's version of Unix), & even if I could find an
adaptor or card that can do TTL, the monitor has a fixed resolution of 1152
x 900! It's also monochrome, (I guess in Sunspeak that means black & white,
1-bit, 2-color...as opposed to Applespeak (as in the 12" Monochrome
Monitor). Not to diss b&w monitors, they're very sharp & easy on the eyes --
I had an Apple 12" Mono, but the picture was getting twisted around somehow
& I didn't want to mess with adjusting the yoke, so I gave it away. I regret
that now.

I guess anybody who wants this baby for whatever purpose -- any Sun
worshippers out there? -- can have it, too. PICKUP ONLY (believe me, you
don't want to pay for shipping on this one!) No guarantees, since I can't
tell if it will get a picture or not, but it does seem to power up: I can
see the CRT neck light up when I turn it on.

In northeastern Illinois area, U.S.A. Contact me offlist for directions.

--
Over,

        Jutso