>> Can't get on the net unless you grease and beat it.
>> Doesn't do more than 256 colors, 64MB limit, and it's
>> slooooooow if it's doing anything but going out a
>> window.
>>
>> William
>
> I've got an old 6200 and they are slow.  I put 48mb of ram in it and it
> helped alittle but not much.  External 56k modem didn't help much
> either.
> Been thinking about using it for a continious running slide show.  The
> kids
> still use it for some of the Sim games.
> Craig

As slow as they are, and as painful to deal with when used to other
macs, the first mac I used regularly was my sister's 6300 - I put 32Mb
extra in it for 48Mb, and it's 1Gb  drive was enough at the time. My
sister worked as a graphic designer at the time and had photoshop,
illustrator and xPress on it - as a transition from old-style computer
user to a mac addict, it worked for me! The machine is having software
problems at the moment with crashes galore on my niece (who uses it now)
and will be coming back to me for a fixing - I'm sure I'll notice the
speed problems in time, but it certainly worked - even if nowhere near
the potential of it's components!

Be well :D
danabanana