> >Hello, y'all,
> >
> >Early season question for the list. I'm the person with the Mac lab of
> >LCII's, 575's, and 580's. When the teacher whose room houses the lab
> >went in a few days prior to the opening of school, she and a student
> >turned a few (6-8) of the Macs on. All came up with the disk icon with
> >the blinking ?. All but one that is. The lone LCII came up fine. I have
> >7.5.5 on all.
> >
> >I have not gone in to do anything about this yet. Just wondered if
> >anyone wants to suggest anything to look for when I do start trying my
> >magic.

Did those HD hum and make seeking noises when turned on?  If not,
slap hard on sides of the Macs few times asap when turned on.  If
that trick did work and hear HD spin up and make seeks and boots
fine, replace HDs.  That's signs of dying HD and sticking heads to
the platters is also worn HD.  This is caused by poor cooling on
those HD especially those that runs hot.

Cheers,

Wizard