> To:            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Vintage Macs)
> Date:          Sat, 1 Sep 2001 08:15:54 +0700
> From:          Suwartono <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject:       Slots in LC III

> I open my LC III box yesterday and found out that there is 2 empty
> slots at the mother board.
> one is square slot (brown) at the middle of MB and the other is one line long
> slot (grey) near the power supply.
> What are those slots for?
>
> Jakarta, 01 September 2001 (8:13)
> Regards,
> Suwartono

Hi,

The square thing is the socket for math coprocessor.   Black plastic
PLCC package (the chip is marked 68882 w/ speed rating in MHz, which
is 25MHz or greater, example 33MHz marked will run fine at 25MHz but
if the part marked less than 25MHz, you may have problems because
it's clocked beyond it's rated MHz, this is called overclocking the
part.  Your LC III is '030 CPU running at 25MHz.

The oblong thing is PDS connector for the daughter boards.  One of a
kind only can be fit because of LC series case has no room for more
than one.  I think there is one maker have add on case to fit 3
daughterboards and 2 more HD drives by stacking atop the bottom
chassis.  These daughterboards can be video card, CPU upgrade, cache
card or cpu/cache combo on one board, any network of types (Ethernet,
Tokentalk or etc.) daughterboard.

Cheers,

Wizard