Here's how to increase the speed in your LC II without breaking the bank.
First you to obtain a motherboard from a Quadra 605. It will give you a 68040
processor and enable you to upgrade the ram to 32K. You can add two 512K
video ram to replace the ones that come standard. You can add more than 32K
of ram, but apple doesn't support it.

You can obtain everything you need from Junkyard Jeff's Computer wreaking
yard.
His E mail address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You'll find your LC II very durable. It's a fine computer. In fact an LC with
system 6 and an early version of Claris Works will get your work done faster
than a newfangled windows computer. I use system 7.1 with no problems as well.

I hope this information provided some assistance. Let us know how it works
out.

Good Luck

Scott