I say, keep the LCII. It has a lot of charm. If it can hold 10 megs of RAM, and that's
enough for you, go for it. You can get an accelerator board to insert in the PDS slot
and boost it to a 68030 or maybe even 68040. My accelerator did wonders for my IIci
and IIsi. Simply adding an FPU can help a lot, too, and maybe some cache memory. If
you get an 040 upgrade board, the 040 has a built-in FPU, and usually the boards have
128k L2 cache (but check on that.)

Yes, the LC II is crippled, but it's one of the cutest macs ever made. I'm going to
have to agree with you on that. I'd say go for upgrading it, but if you don't want to
spend the perhaps $50 to do it, you can just buy the Quadra 650. No offense to the
seller, but if you buy it you can't really assure it'll be high-quality, not have any
damages, etc. Also, overclocking the CPU requires clock oscillators, cooling equipment
and soldering, which you may not be able to do or may not have.

Just my opinion,
Deven "The LCs are really cool" Gallo

At 02:44 AM 9/6/2001, you wrote:
>>Hello.  I just bought an LCII for no other reason than because
>>it was so-o-o cute!  I think that it has a 60 MG hard drive and
>>4 MG of RAM, according to the ìget infoî and ìabout this macî
>>folders.  My 14-year old thought he would be able to play
>>Escape Velocity on it.  However, the game requires 65 MG of
>>RAM to run.  According to the ìcharts,î I believe that this
>>computer can hold 10 MG of RAM.  Is that correct?
>
>Buy my Quadra 605.  You'll be much happier.  You can put 136MB of RAM in
>it, and can be overclocked to a 33MHz 68040.  Its only $10...
>
>Peace
>Aqua

I'll take you up on that 605 if it's still available  Please let me know,
thanks.

Will
[EMAIL PROTECTED]