So I gave the program a spin on my Q630 that acts as a headless MP3 file
server on my LAN.  At first I couldn't get the file to unstuff on the Q630,
probably due to the older stuffit expander on the machine.  So I mounted the
Q630 hd on my iMac and unstuffed it on the iMac.

I control the Q630 via timubktu as it is headless and I pared down the
extension set on it.  And the verdict is....

Well kinda, sorta...I initially tried playing a 192kbps U2 With or Without
you and it played but heavily stuttered (like a motorcycle) and it took
about twice as long to play as the length of the song.

I then tried playing a 56kps song which was still stuttered but was almost
decent.

What I haven't tried yet is to turn off Appletalk on the Q630 and put a
monitor/keyboard on the machine and disable timbuktu.  I bet that would
improve the playback.  I'll give this a shot over the weekend.

Sure the interface is crude, but the effort put into this is impressive.

Bhavesh
--
Visit the Mac Driver Museum @ http://www.macdrivermuseum.com