I doubt it will fry it. I was once sent an 030 PDS adapter, instead of the
Daystar 040 adapter I was TOLD I was getting. I plugged it into my IIsi, put
my Turbo 040-33 card into the slot, and then booted it. There was a quick
clicking noise and it turned off. Tried this several times, machine and card
were fine, but it refused to boot until the card was out of that stupid
adapter. In fact, I think the Adapter lived too.

-- Deven