On Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 16:44:05 -0400
the pickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> replied to:
D.L. Miller question:
> >"Presenter 575 for the Mac LC 575. Is this to allow a external monitor?
> >The cable attached to it is 14 pins, about 1 to 1.25 inches long.
With this:
> Yep, allows for video mirroring on an external display IIRC..
D. Miller also asked:
> >Also, the first two ( they look the same) simms to left of battery are
> >Ram simms I suppose and the longer one on left edge is VRam? No L2 Cache
and p answered
> The two are VRAM; the one longer one is RAM.
silly me, I figured that out when I got home and took the 8mb simm out
and replaced it with a 16mb simm I had in an old LCIII (chipped to a +)

Pickle (capitalized) this time) thanks for the help and quick reply.

also from Pickle:

> >Basically, he's saying, if you want to spend the money to do that for a
> >lark, go ahead; it's your money. But you're a nut. In a lovable, Macaddict,
> >kind of way :)
>
> Right :)
Got me pegged there right enough. But, I am not going to spend nearly
$200 for a upgrade of debatable performance. Just thought if somehow,
the price had dramatically dropped, it might be worth it, but not, IMHO
worth spend over $100.

One thing, when you (pickle) said:
>You can buy a 6500 or 5500 mobo for about $50 or so these days. you
aren;t implying they will easily fit into a CC, are you?

Thanks for all the comments listariuans(?).
Doug the insane, lovable, Macaddict in Ohio.