Found what was apparently an LCIII in a dumpster (sort of) today. I
saw the guy throw it in, so I went after it. :P

I opened it up to see what treasures were inside. Turns out it is an
LCII with an LCIII lid. It's a very odd LCII though.

First of all, it's got an FPU socket where the solder pads normally are.

On each of the four ROM chips, there is a sticker that reads:

Foster Farms ROM
1.0F2 01/29/92
HH 99C583
Apple Confidential
ŠApple 1983-92

In the top left of the board where it normally says "Macintosh LCII"
it says "Foster Farms"

On the bottom of the case where the label should be, there is an
orange sticker that says:

"This device has not been approved by the Federal Communications
Commision. [sic] This is not, and may not be, offered for sale or
lease, or sold or leased until the approval of the FCC has been
obtained."

Also, the fan looks nonstandard, but I could be wrong about that.

I haven't tried booting it up yet. It's got an 80MB HD, but no floppy.

What the hell is this thing?

--
Alex Allee       [EMAIL PROTECTED]