"Mac Rehab" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So get this... I started up the LC connected to my other 17"monitor with
> which it reads as 640x480.  While still on, I unplug the 17" and plug in
the
> 15" with which has been the problem.  It now displays 640x480 on the 15",
> Yay, but the screen still is not syncing, boo.  Does this mean that the
> refresh rate that the LCII sends is not displayable by the 15"?  Could
this
> be a marriage that was just not meant to be?  Or does somebody have some
> magic words to tell me that will unite this couple in wedded bliss?

2 thoughts:

Have you tested the 15" with other Macs?

I wonder if the 15" has a separate mode that's switchable (like the switch
on back of my NEC) between sync-on-green & non-green? Dunno about those Sony
tubes, never had 1; it's worth checking out your documentation at this
point, I guess.

Or: maybe the LCII needs the LC Monitors extension in order to know what
it's supposed to display. It should be installable from your system disks --
no wait, I think that's Sys. 7 Pro (7.1.1) & later...or is it 7.5?...not
sure how the extension would sit in a "plain" 7.1 system.

If you see a file in the Preferences folder of the System Folder called
Display Preferences, trash it & see what happens.

--
Over,

        Jutso