Well, that's most likely the Kodak or Sayett-type projection pad
referred to in my previous post. You need a Plus or SE which has this
DIN-8 connector on the outside, and the video-pass-through card
installed inside it. Unless you can find such a pass-through card,
you're out of luck. Go back to where you purchased this pad and try to
find a Plus or SE with the Din-8 female external connector. If it's a
Plus, the connector will be in the battery compartment; if it's an SE,
it will be in the middle of a bare metal bar in the expansion port
opening. I was lucky enough to buy an SE/30 first which had the
connector, then later find the panel for it.

It's OK that your projection cable has only eight pins in the DB-9
connector. The panel only needs eight wires connected through, which is
why the other end is a DIN-8. :)