http://lowendmac.com/lists/apple2.html

>But anyway,
>
>> We received one of these, with an 800k floppy drive. I can plug an ADB
>> keyboard and mouse into it but don't know where to go from there. It chimes
>> twice when starting up and the light on the front panel is green. I can't
>> get a display on an Apple 14" monitor.

The Apple IIgs monitor is 12" RGB. Mac monitors won't work.

>> Where can I find manuals for this?
>> What troubleshooting do I need to perform on this (kinda cool) relic?
>> What are the uses for one of these nowadays, aside from collector's wanting
>> them?
>
>You can stick a hard drive and some extra RAM in it, run GS/OS, and have a
>nice little word processor or with Marinetti even surf the web. Plus there's
>all the old Apple ][ stuff you can run on it like AppleWorks and those
>terrible games that I prefer to play on my Commodore 64 :-)

>    Unfortunately, Gamba's website, probably the best place for
>sourcing manuals, was forced to remove all links to Apple manuals...

Gamba's site (or Apple's) didn't have Apple II manuals.

I am also learing about the joys of Apple II ownership. If you want the
long story, go here:
http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/A2FAQs2CONTENT.html

The folks at A2 web are also very helpful. They will sell you IIgs system
disks for the IIgs for $2. You can download GS/OS 6 from Apple itself for
free, but that OS won't work unless you have gobs (4 or more!) of RAM.
Earlier GS/OS will work on basic machines.

A2 web is at: http://www.wbwip.com/a2web/index.html

eMail me off-list if you like (I'm a newbie too, though) or see you on the
lowendmac elist I quoted at the top.