Apparently the Apple 14" Color Plus monitor that
came with that LC475 is kaput. It makes the normal
high voltage noise and crackle when turned on, but
never lights up. I opened it up and the tube heaters
are glowing. The CRT flashes when the power switch
is turned off.

As for the Mac, it makes the normal startup sound.
I'll have to try it with my 14" AppleVision monitor.

=====
"The earth swarms with inhabitants. Why then should nature,
which is fruitful to an excess here, be so very barren in
the rest of the planets?" Bernard de Fontenelle, 1686
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
My ICQ# 16024947