Patrick Austin writes:

>Why not get rid of the tag at the bottom of each message?
>
>I am on several lists and that is by far the biggest tag I have ever seen.
>
>Why not have a web address with all that info anyway?

I'm sure my father isn't the only person in the world who has email
access but no Web access. By providing the information with each message,
we make sure every subscriber has it when they need to unsubscribe,
change mode, or contact the list administrator.

Also, a lot of people with dial-up accounts will download their email and
read it off line. Following a link to a Web page would require them to
reconnect.

Finally, by putting it in each message we make it that much easier for
subscribers to find and use the information instead of postings
unsubscribe messages to the list.

--
Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.
 <http://cobwebpublishing.com> <http://lowendmac.com>

 Mediocrity thrives on standardization.