The CR-507-C is a Matsushita-made, Apple-branded 12X SCSI CD-ROM drive.
The CR-506-C is a 8X drive used in the 8500s. Logically, I'd guess it's
a 4X drive in the same series. The 507 and 506 actually specify the
speed on the drive label. It's odd the 505 doesn't.

Have you tried using it? The Apple System Profiler (or, Mt Everything or
SCSI Probe) should give you the Matsushita model number, which you *may*
be able to get info on from the Panasonic web pages.