>MicroMac sells (or sold) SIMM stackers that
>would put four 30pin SIMMs in each IIfx slot.

As I recall, their stackers would put two 64pin SIMMs from your
machine's inventory into a single shot.  Say you had 20MB configured
as four 1MB and four 4MB SIMMs.  At the cost of about $100, you could
combine them to make 5MB stackers in each of four slots and then add
new inventory to the four, now empty slots.

The 30pin stackers were for other II series Macs.  I've had at least
one fx running 24/7 since they came out so occasionally I'd search
for such beasties.  Never saw one which used 30pin SIMMs in 64pin
application so I'd assume it was, at least trivially, not possible.
Had it been, they would have done so inasmuch as "real" RAM maxed out
would cost around $1K.

With 96 megs, I can only remember a few times having to quit a
program to make room for another so I've shared the eight 16MB SIMMs
between two machines.

Bob Gray      Huntingtown MD      [EMAIL PROTECTED]