On Tuesday, April 2, 2002, at 02:28 AM, the pickle wrote:

> AppleTalk setting...hrmmm...probably a few other things.  Checked the
> Developer Tech Notes or old Hardware Tech Notes?
>> Is it different for the various vintage macs?
>
> Not AFAIK.

I don't think it is either, they added more to it when they made the
PowerMac though IIRC. you have to reset the PRAM on a PPC Mac every time
you move the RAM, VRAM, CPU, Hard disks etc., most irritating :(.

>> and another thing I've been wondering about: what is the difference
>> between 7.5.3 and 7.5.5?
>
> 7.5.5 was a (mostly) PPC stability improvement.

I think it ironed out a few other non-specific bugs too. It didn't
really make a site of difference really apart from the fact you ended up
with a load more crap on your system drive as it didn't check what was
and wasn't installed it just updates everything regardless of whether it
is there or not.

--

Mark Benson

Vintage Macs List Nanny
aka
        silicon_valley_pirate_uk (Yahoo! Messenger)
        SilValleyPirate (AOL Instant Messenger)
Visit Flat Pack Macs Online at:
<http://fpm.gotdns.com>
Macintosh LC central