how do,

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, Clark Martin wrote:

> AFAIK, no it forgets everything equally.  What has been said is that
> a PRAM ZAP DOESN'T clear the Manf date and hours-in-use but that a
> dead or pulled battery clears all.

so would not so equally be what we call corrupted pram?
What got me wondering on this subject was how zapping the pram seems to
normalize communication between mac and hard drive _in some cases
anyways_.

So I got to wondering hows that work, and what info is placed in the pram
when a drive is formated.

So that got me wondering what other info could be placed there, perhaps
forgoing some items. (Like a Gamba boot floppy image :O of course I'm
refering to using Gamba's creative process....not that 7xxK will
fit in the pram!)

I was wondering if something like that could be used to creatively prepare
the mac for booting min. systems, or boot straping with Penguin
semi-automatically....

I know I must be I'm moofing up the wrong directory but my excuse is that
I still know absolutely nothing about what's _really_ in my mac ;(
Any urls gratefully accepted :)
...still "pramPrep" and "pramPrep's Penguin* Partner" c)scb 2002 ;)...

yes, I know I really _should_  be sleeping at 2:30am... but I'm having
fun with blackbird

scb

ps how 'bout pramPrep PRAM Expansion boards...
ok, ok, goodnight....
scb
--
Scott Barber